With 200 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller has an opening for a Relief Legal Secretary to work in our downtown Baton Rouge office. Willing to train the right person who is professional, seeking a long-term career and has excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Draft correspondence, memos, pleadings and engagement letters. This includes proofreading and redlining work for the accuracy of content and format
- Work closely with attorneys and assist with the preparation of court filings and organization of pleadings, memoranda, discovery
- E-files documents with various state and federal courts
- Maintains files, including organizing electronic filings, correspondence, and other documents on the firm’s document management system (NetDocs) for active files
- Open new client/matter client files and run conflict checks
- Maintain calendars and client contacts
- Coordinate travel and meeting logistics including scheduling, arranging video conferences, conferences calls, and conference rooms; requesting equipment; preparing presentation materials
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Comfortable with using large electronic document management systems and remote collaboration tools (Zoom, Skype for Business, WebEx, Microsoft Teams)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both virtually and in-person
- High attention to detail and accuracy, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate needs and take action without requiring detailed direction in relation to routine responsibilities
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and to engender trust
If the candidate does not have prior Legal Secretary experience, we are willing to train a recent college graduate with a strong desire to work in an office environment and learn the law. Inexperienced candidates must have keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills, high proficiency in MS Office, positive attitude, patience, and ability to successfully manage a variety of demands daily.
What Kean Miller Offers:
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full-paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributions to a 401k plan.
How to Apply:
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.