With more than 200 attorneys from offices in Houston, The Woodlands, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles and Shreveport, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller is seeking an Associate attorney in our Houston office to join our Offshore Energy and Marine Litigation practice. Qualified candidates will possess minimum two years of Offshore Energy Litigation experience, specifically handling claims that arise from liability under Jones Act.
Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, strong research, writing, communication, and advocacy skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability and the desire to interact directly with Kean Miller’s clients and to further develop client and referral relationships.
The successful candidate should have a track record of high achievement, the desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment and the ability to work as part of a team. A current state bar license is required, but attorneys licensed outside of Texas who desire to relocate back to the state and practice in Houston are invited to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently manage a caseload – from beginning to end.
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions.
- Take the lead with client communication and provide meaningful updates.
- Handle a variety of civil litigation cases, including those related to maritime disputes, personal injury claims, property damage, and environmental issues.
- Advise clients on legal matters pertaining to complex maritime and energy related legal matters involving operations, shipping regulations, marine insurance issues and marine environmental regulations.
- Represent clients in various legal proceedings, such as hearings, depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and trials advocating for their interests in maritime and civil litigation matters.
- Candidates must have prior experience with claims that fall under General Maritime Law, the Jones Act.
What Kean Miller Offers
We offer a people-driven culture, meaningful work, a well-defined path to partnership, highly competitive salaries, generous paid time off and an extensive benefits package that includes paid health, life, disability, dental, vision coverage and 401(k).
Kean Miller is committed to supporting and encouraging our attorneys though our mentor program as well as our robust in-house attorney development program. We provide professional development in the areas of client relationships and business development, practice skills, business and financial skills, and personal development.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, transcript and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.